Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Alfred Hitchcock: Rear Window

I loved rear window, I think it is a very suspenseful, and exciting movie. I loved the way how Hitchcock was playing god. The way how he saw everything that the neighbors were doing. Also how he named his neighbors such as Mrs. Torso, or Mrs. Lonely Heart I thought that was rather comical. I also loved the nurse she was so funny how sarcastic she was to Hitchcock's character.
Rear Window reminded me of Disturbia, but I like Rear Window better. The reason why is because Rear window is more suspenseful like when the killer slowly walks up the stares. Then how the murder case slowly unravels during the film. Also when Hitchcock's girlfriend goes up to the murders apartment and how she gets caught and then the police came and rescued her. Then when the nurse and the girlfriend went to go and dig up the wife’s body and the audience thought that the guy was going to come and find them. Overall this movie was suspenseful
Another reason why Rear window was better then Disturbia because it was more realistic. For example in Disturbia there is no way that a teenage idiot will punch his Spanish teacher in the face, then getting a house arrest for the entire summer. Then watch the news and find out there is a crazy killer across the street. In Rear Window the guy breaks his leg which has nothing better to do but see what is across the street and finds out that he kills his wife.
This is my first Hitchcock Film and I absolutely love it. I hope that I will continue to watch his amazing movies.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comments, and thanks for the well-kept blog. One of the best in the class!

    ReplyDelete