Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Traffic

My personal opinion of Traffic as that it was a good movie. I loved the drastic color change that the screen went through. Such as how bleak Mexico was and then how it changed to blue, during the court cases. I've never seen that before in movies, I thought that the dramatic change in colors made the movie more memorable.
This movie also changed my view on drugs. I always thought that the police didn't care about drugs, that drugs were just another problem nobody even bothered to solve. This movie showed me that people are trying to solve the smuggling of illegal drugs from Mexico to the USA. Also the way that the sixteen year old was smoking drugs showed me how disgusting and stupid drugs are. The movie then shows how drugs can take over your body and make you do stupid things just to obtain drugs.
I loved how the plot in Traffic, it is very surprising. Such as in the beginning of the movie how it was in Mexico and how Javier Rodriguez caught the drug dealers. Then he two detectives were caught in a semi-shootout. Then how Robert Wakefield
(Michael Douglas) daughter was addicted to drugs, which is ironic because Robert Wakefield is trying to prevent drugs from smuggling into the USA.
I think the whole movie is trying to say that nobody gets away clean when it come to drugs. Such as when Helena Ayala (Catherine Zeta-Jonas) thought she got away with killing the detectives partner and getting her husband out of jail but then she dies at the end. Overall the film was great, and is defiantly memorable in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment